Thanks to Meredith at https://mpskydog.wordpress.com (he blogs, writes and designs games – how cool is that?) for nominating my blog for the Liebster award and saying nice things about me. The Liebster Award is intended for new blogs (particularly those with 200 or less followers) to raise their profile. According to the rules I have to post 11 random facts about myself, answer 11 questions, make up 11 more questions, and then do the same to 11 more blogs. Someone likes the number 11!
- I was born on a black friday
- When I was a child, if I didn’t get my own way I would hold my breath until I fainted (I’m much easier to reason with now – don’t argue with me about this)
- I live in New Zealand
- My second toe is longer than my big toe
- I only bite my thumb nails
- My ‘real’ job (when I was working) was as an accountant
- I secretly (ok not that secretly now) believe that I might be a tiny bit pyschic
- I once worked for Virgin Games (back when there was such a thing) in London (threw that fact in for Meredith – sadly I only worked in the accounts department)
- I love the ocean
- My childhood ambition was to be an actress
- I’ve bungy jumped
Here are the questions I have to answer:
- Story exists in many mediums. What’s your favorite form? (Movie, book, video game, interactive story, etc.) – Too easy – book
- What would you say first inspired you to try writing? Middle age. But seriously, I was an avid reader as a child and I wanted to be a writer, as I suspect most readers do. Instead I became an accountant (yes I know! It’s a long story – for another day). Fastforward to the mid-life crisis – the procreation clock stopped ticking and the bucket list one started. I realised that if I wanted to write a book, I had better get a move on.
- Do you listen to music or other aural ambiance while you work? If so, what kind? I can’t bear music when I work. I need to hear myself talk.
- (Creepy old man voice) What…is your favorite color? Haven’t had one since I was seven! I couldn’t possibly discriminate – I believe all colours are equal, except for grey which is less equal
- If you could only visit one more place in the world, where would it be? I’m researching Arizona for my latest book, and it looks great. I think I need to go there.
- eBook or printed book? don’t make me choose
- In two words or less, how would you describe your sense of humor? Quirky-ish
- Social media websites: Godsend or Sign of the End Times? How can any form of communication be bad?
- Who is your favorite fictional character? Depends on what I am reading – I’m not faithful. I’m loving the 100 year old man who climbed out the window and disappeared, at the moment.
- When is the last time you engaged in a healthy pillow fight? Too old to remember I’m afraid. What’s an unhealthy pillow fight?
- What family member has inspired you the most in your life? Whichever family member reads this, its you!
Here are my eleven questions for those I nominate:
- Which author would you most like to emulate?
- What book are you reading at the moment?
- Who was your favourite James Bond? (sorry I need to know – conducting research)
- What is the next item on your bucket list?
- Do you have a pet peeve? What is it?
- If you could live the life of any fictional character, who would it be?
- Dog or cat lover?
- If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
- Favourite holiday destination?
- The best ice-cream flavour ever invented is …?
- Ebook or Printed book?
And the nominees are (drumroll!) …
My first nominee for the award is Gemma Hawdon at http://topoftheslushpile.com/ for her very visually beautiful blog on writing her first novel. and her candid and easy to read posts. Check it out.
Number two is Cassandra Janey at http://cassandrajaney.com/ – a fellow writer and aspiring romance novelist, blogger, and doing it all while balancing life with a child.
Number three – Hollie Queener over at Queen of Query http://queenofquery.wordpress.com/ for her interesting thoughts and stories on the process of writing and trying to get published.